Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Turkey Day from Barcelona!

Hello again!

I can't tell you how odd it is to be abroad during Thanksgiving. I've never been out of town for Thanksgiving and it's my 2nd favorite holiday (after Christmas of course) because of the food, flavors, colors, friends, and of course, family. I have mentioned the homesickness but this isn't the same as the previous homesickness. I wouldn't even say it's as bad. But rather, I think it'll make me so much more appreciative of the holiday next year.

Anyways, things have been going well and my time here in Barcelona is quickly coming to an end (I have one full weekend left here!). But I am excited that I'll be able to be with my parents for the next ten days or so (we'll reunite in England at my grandmas house this weekend!).

Both of my class presentations went very well this week, so I'm happy to have that stress done and over with. But almost every day now I reflect on how much I've matured here, what I will miss, and just the incredible opportunity that I've had to study abroad and how forever grateful I am to my parents and my school for enabling me to do this. It has truly been a life-changing experience and I wouldn't change it for the world. I couldn't have asked for a better city, country, or time to study abroad.

For my readers, I wish you a very very Happy Thanksgiving and wonderful memories to cherish with your family this holiday season. Here's a classic I thought you might enjoy (one of my favorite shows from all time actually!)

No comments:

Post a Comment