Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for not checking in with you earlier, but I had a bit of an unexpected issue arise at JFK (lost a carry-on bag with gifts, clothes, and MY CAMERA...which you all know how much I love and am obsessed with) and was kind of depressed about it these past few days so I wasn't up for posting. Anyways, asides from that little issue, I made it safe and sound. It sure is good to be home - these past few days I've indulged at Panda Express (I never realized how much I missed Chinese food... especially Panda), cooked enchiladas (I knew I was missing Mexican food for sure), and just loved having a room and bathroom to myself. But don't get me wrong - I miss Spain just as much. I find myself talking about it almost every day and I think I will for the rest of my life...or at least my parents/friends tell me I'm driving them crazy!

BUT BUT BUT BUT...I just got a call about 20 minutes ago from American Airlines Lost and Found at JFK and they found my bag!! I'm absolutely thrilled! It's about 7 am local time but man did I jump out of bed when I recognized the 718 areacode (area code for NY) ! The last few days I was stressed I would never get my gifts, clothes, or camera back and American Airlines Customer Service (platinum services as well I may add) was not helpful at all. They just didn't seem willing to help me solve my problem and one of the ladies told me yesterday "oh if it's carry-on it's probably lost by now. Someone probably walked away with it!" And guess what I said? "Well, with all due respect, I'm not giving up until I find that bag. And I'll keep calling and pestering till I get it!" Tee Hee! That's what you get when you mess with a half Brit/Mexican thank you very much!

Anyways, I do have lots and lots of pictures to show you. Now that my mood is much better, I'm motivated to finally upload them and post them. I'll work on that today and tomorrow and then do a short post on my parents visit and Sitges. That wil probably be my last post on this blog.

Happy Holidays! Check the blog in a few days.. the final post should be up then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment